Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Hello! Wow what a busy week! Thanksgiving dinner was delicous! Dinner this year was at my house again this year. I really don't mind if dinner is at my house, because I don't have to go anywhere. Things started heading a little sour towards the end, but overall it was a great family dinner. I really enjoy being around all of my family!
My husband seems to really be having a hard time adjusting since his last deployment. He was just getting adjusting to being home then he got deployed. He sat down with me a few days ago and told me he thought it was time to say goodbye to the military and hello on getting better. For anyone who doesn't know my husband has PTSD bad, a shunt in his head behind his right ear, enlarged viens in his brains, the starting of a tumor behind his eyes, depression, and many more. This is all from him being deployed to Iraq for a little over a year. He was in an IED blast, and he was constantly shot at. When he came home he had a really rough time adjusting. Needless to say it looks like we are going to have a rocky road to get things figured out.
This weekend I had my best friends over. I had gotten out of touch with one of my friends for almost 3 years. We had lost track of each other. It took my a year to find out where she was. It was so great to get together with my two best friends! All three of us were hooked my the hip when we were in school. We went out to IHOP and had a few cold ones together! They both ended up staying the night! My husband was such a trooper! He put up with three giggling girls all weekend!
For the past three days we have been trying to put up our Christmas lights. I finaly gave up today. All of our lights besides our icicles, have somethings wrong with them... we sat down for 2 hours and still could not get the whole strand to work. Today Steven and I went to put our tree up and then we come to find out that over half of the tree does not light up. ARRRGGHH! I just walked away. Hopefully I can get the tree to work.
Well, I am going to head off here. My boys are complaining their bellies are growling. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment